Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A new drawing and new classes

Hello, there!

I've started my new classes this week, and I am really excited about all of them! My classes include: Art and Craft of Fiction II (focus on the short story), Writing for Children and Young Adults, and Creative Workshop. I am also hoping to be able to get into an introduction to French Language class! I've only had one class of each so far, so it might be too early to say, but I think I'm going to get a lot out of all of these courses and also really enjoy the reading lists!

In my Creative Workshop this week, we got a new professor (it's a year long course and the two classes switch professors after the first term) and I think I really like her. She's known for being more difficult and more brutally honest in critiques than my previous professor, but I think it's about time for some tough love. She's Scottish, is an artist, and she has a very non conventional teaching style--which is fantastic on all accounts! I kind of wish I could be friends with her, because we have so much in common, but alas! In class this week, I had to read something I had written aloud in class, and my professor had me read it again, because she "couldn't understand my American accent"!! That is the very first time this has happened! I was really surprised because some of my other European friends had said that I had a really easy to understand accent, but I guess maybe I read differently than I speak.

Tonight I took a couple of hours to do a drawing, and I think it turned out pretty well. So, I thought I'd share: