Monday, March 14, 2011

Curtains





This past weekend I had the pleasure of performing in my first play! It was on three times, and I must say, I'm a bit relieved that it's over! It was becoming stressful to juggle all of those practices and performances with my two orchestras, school and volleyball! It was fun and I think it went really well! I only botched one line, but not enough for anyone to notice... unless they had the script too... :) They're making a DVD of the performance, and since the bit I was in was only 10 minutes long, I'll see what I can do to get an .avi posted up here for anyone interested to watch!

Also this weekend, I had an all day rehearsal with my Sinfonietta Orchestra. It was a good rehearsal and I really like the pieces that we're playing this term. But it was really tiring. These all day rehearsals really do a number on my shoulders and back. I think it's just the fact that I have to maintain really rigid and perfect posture for so long, but I'm hoping I won't injure myself. I've heard of violinists hurting their shoulders from playing too much. At least my all day rehearsals are over for this concert season! :)

I took some pictures yesterday that I wanted to share, because I thought they turned out lovely. They are both of moss, as usual. It's just so lush and interesting! I hope you like them. I think that the way the brick is cracked in this first one is just beautiful. And I love the colors and textures in the second.




Maybe if I win any of my contests, I'll put my winnings toward getting a more professional grade camera.

Until next time,
Sarah