Thursday, March 3, 2011

Midsummer Night's Dream


This past week, I went to 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' with one of my friends from my course. It was very well done and although I am usually not a huge Shakespeare enthusiast, I really enjoyed the play. I had never seen or read it before, and I hadn't read any of his comedies before either. I think it made me appreciate Shakespeare more than I had in the past. His sense of humor is brilliant! :)

The rendition that was performed at the Nuffield was a modern version during which the play was sent under the guise of a movie filming crew. I thought that it was a lovely modern take on the play, however since I hadn't read the play previously, it made it a bit more confusing for me (especially since the fairies were dressed the same as the 'real people' and some of the actors played multiple roles).

Below is a picture of me and my Norwegian friend, Helga. We play on the volleyball team together and study in the library with each other almost every day! :) I'm hoping to travel home with her one weekend soon and we are also planning on traveling to London two weekends from now to see a show and the Tower of London (which I didn't get to see the last time I was there).