Friday, June 24, 2011

general musings

Hi there! I'm just getting a chance to do some catching up with the goings on in England (and elsewhere)! This first picture I took of a giant snail that was crawling along the sidewalk in front of my apartment. It was one of about 5 or 6 snails making some sort of Exodus from the greenery on either side of the path. I love how the texture of his skin came through in the photograph and how you can see the 'slime trail' behind him too!

This picture is of me and one of my course mate's daughter who was kind enough to give me her opinion on my picture book which I wrote and illustrated. I'd put up pictures of the illustrations and such, but I'm hoping to send it off for publication so I don't want to ruin my chances! My friend and her daughter and I went on a walk in the New Forest and this tree that we found was so old and so huge that we couldn't not take a picture!


Finally, I drew this picture in 90 minutes (a new record for me!) and I'm not sure which way I want to have it oriented yet... :) Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Sarah