Friday, June 24, 2011

Thank you and Farewell!

When I found out about the Roger M. Jones Fellowship as a Sophomore, it would be an understatement to say that I was excited about it. I was so ecstatic to learn that there were not only people like me in the College of Engineering that had an appreciation for both the sciences and humanities but there was also this amazing opportunity to explore my love for the arts in a completely new culture. When I learned that I had gotten this opportunity, I thought I could nearly burst with excitement! And that feeling didn't let up the entire time.

My experience over this past year has been nothing short of life changing. I know that everyone says that after studying abroad, but I mean it to the very fullest. The lessons that I have learned about myself, about the world and about everyone around me are indescribable and the friends that I have made will be life lasting. I am determined to continue to foster my passions in both science and engineering and the arts and humanities and I hope that my love of both will find a way to help the people around me in one way or another.

As I turn over this amazing opportunity to someone new, I can only hope that she has the same sort of unforgettable experience that I did. I am sad to close this brilliant and vivid chapter of my life but at the same time I am eager and excited to take everything that I have gleaned from it and apply it to brighten and augment the rest of my future in this lovely existence that is somewhere between art and science.

It's been an absolute pleasure and I thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Sarah