Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy (belated) Guy Fawkes Day!


This weekend, I had my first opportunity to celebrate a British Holiday--Guy Fawkes Day! It was very much like our Forth of July, complete with lots of fireworks, sparklers and huge crowds. Last night, I went with some friends to the firework display in downtown Southampton. The fireworks were blasted off of a platform in the water (between us and the Isle of Wight), and luckily we had good weather (although, a bit chilly!) so it was a really great night!

We got there before sunset, so I got the opportunity to take some really neat shots right before the sun set over the water. My favorite is the one of the chips (i.e. French Fries) stand. The clouds look so cool!


Today, I'm getting ready for a volleyball game in Portsmouth, it's national league, so it should be a tough game. National league is usually to a bit of a higher playing standard than most other leagues.

Also, I forgot to put up a gorgeous picture that I took of some moss in London. :) I tend to be focused on little details (I guess that's the writer in me?), so I have all kinds of pictures of moss and spiders and snails and things like that... I'm starting to get better at doing landscapes and such since they're so beautiful here. :) But, here it is, I hope you like it!


Talk to you soon,
Sarah