Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Rainy Day in England

Today is by far the most dreadful day in terms of weather that I've had in England so far. It is raining in buckets, and the wind is incredible. It is about 30-40 mph sustained with 50-60 mph gusts! And on top of that, I ride my bike to get everywhere, so it feels even stronger. This morning I felt like a weather channel correspondent. (The picture is the view from my apartment window.)


Tomorrow I am going to see the Rober Glasper Trio at the theater on campus, which is a jazz trio with piano, drums, and bass. It should be a great concert, and I'm hoping to gather a group of my friends to come with me!

I've also made plans to finally visit Stonehenge in the next couple of weeks, which should be incredible, I'm excited to see it. In addition, I have made plans to attend a campus performance of Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" with some of my course mates. And finally, I planned out a trip with a bunch of friends to visit Oxford the weekend before I return home for Christmas (with spending the last day in London so I'm there for my flight). I'm hoping we can find a way to get into Oxford University, but we've heard rumors that you can't get in unless you're a current student. Maybe it has something to do with the Harry Potter craze since a lot of the film was shot there. I anticipate that both Oxford and London will be beautifully decorated for the holidays, and I'm really excited for the trip.

On a different note, I have been working on some drawings, and once they're more complete, I'll post some pictures! :)

My orchestras are drawing ever nearer to our concerts, only three more rehearsals until the big day! :) Hopefully I'll be able to snag a recording to put up on the blog for anyone who is interested, but I think they are both going to be great performances!

Until next time,
Sarah