Monday, September 2, 2013

An Introduction

Hi, I'm Dan.

I'm the lucky recipient of the 2013-14 Roger M. Jones Fellowship, and I'll be studying History of Art at University College London starting in a few weeks. I'm very excited.

I'd like to thank Cassie for her well-wishes and for her excellent stewardship of this blog over the past year- I've enjoyed keeping tabs on her European experience, and have used it as something of a model for my own. (I should mention that the extent of my international travel is a 3-day stay in Quebec in 1999, so I've appreciated the guidance.)

I graduated from UofM in December 2012 after majoring in Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and minoring in Art & Design. Like Cassie, I hope to incorporate what I learn as the Jones fellow into my career but haven't yet settled on what that career will be. I do, however, have a strong interest in Product and/or Industrial Design, and I hope to be able to contribute something worthwhile to those fields (or maybe another, as the case may be in 5-10 years) by my combining engineering and art.

I'm looking forward to keeping this blog- I haven't committed to blogging before but I do compulsively write things down in the margins of notebooks and on napkins etc., and will relish the opportunity to attempt to synthesize them into something. I'll have another post before I leave with my intentions and aspirations for this space.

Alright, that's me. Who's reading this?