Saturday, May 31, 2014

Checking In

Just found out there hasn't been a post up here since March - apparently this thing doesn't update itself. Who knew?

Here's what's been up since then:

- I wrote a paper about the persistence of Manifest Destiny as embodied in an episode of Mad Men (and three others that weren't as interesting).

- I had visitors - good friends and fellow UM alumni Teshia "Bangs" Treuhaft, Cory "Vibes" Levinson, Ankur "Leave it Out" Agrawal and Ryan "RJ" Jennings came for various visits. Photos and stories to come.

- I got to tour The North (York, Leeds, and Manchester) with good friends Zach "Sunflower" Yanowitz and Ash "The Bispham Bulldog" Skellington on their way home from Thailand. More photos and stories.

- I also got to go to the mainland: Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam with RJ. Same as above.

- I took finals, and have finished with school for the foreseeable future, which is odd. It's job search o'clock.

- I applied to a summer studio course in UCL's Bartlett School of Architecture to delay the inevitable and hopefully get some portfolio pieces to show off for that job search.

- I found an awesome new beer store around the corner. Maybe the most important development in this list.

- I booked two trips for June (Rome/Florence/Venice/Zurich/Munich/Prague/Vienna) and July (Cork/Dublin/Belfast) and cannot wait to get back on the road. Also, I'll be in home countries for three World Cup matches. Really looking forward to it, you guys.

- I'm realizing I only have about 2 months left here. Details/thoughts forthcoming.